Bathroom Design With Nob Hill
Your bathroom is your spa and your safe-haven. It’s the first place you go in the morning and it’s the last place you go at night. It’s where you shed old skin and put on your face. To feel good in your bathroom is to be comfortable in your own home.
Great bathroom design can turn an ordinary bathroom into your personal spa. Let Nob Hill Design show you how to design a bathroom that you’ll totally love!
Check out our design gallery for some inspiration.
How To Design A Bathroom
Before starting out on a bathroom remodeling project, it’s important to have a specific sense of what you want. Identify the issues that you have with your current bathroom and start to look through design magazines and websites that show alternatives (see our bathroom gallery here). Get a sense of what you like before you even start to brainstorm about what you want to do.
In the initial consultation with Lisa, you can discuss possible solutions to some of the problems you have. If there are space issues, Lisa will discuss expanding the bathroom in a renovation project, or conserving space by organizing the features differently. You’d be surprised what you can achieve with intelligent redesign.
Working Out The Details
Once you have a basic sense of the redesigned bathroom – what it will include and where everything will be located—it’s time to work out the details. In bathroom remodeling (unlike some other rooms), plans are quite specific, down to the inch.
Every bathroom has a sink and a toilet, and most have a shower and/or bathtub. These days, all of these features come in an endless variety of sizes, shapes and styles.
- Sinks: Wondering how to design a bathroom? Start with the sink – it says a lot! From vessel sinks to pedestals, vanities to wallhung, your sink will determine a lot about your bathroom. For larger bathrooms, vanities with undercounter sinks or countertop vessel sinks work well with Craftsman or French-Country styles. Pedestal sinks can make for a nice colonial or French-country style. For a contemporary look, there are a variety of truly awesome vessel sinks that can create a memorable bathroom. Consider this: a vessel sink that utilizes a fine art ceramic bowl as the basin. Truly awesome!
- Showers: It’s important to feel comfortable in your shower. In order to get your day off to the right start, it is vital your shower be as spacious as possible, easy to use, and well lit. From rain showers, to steam showers, to showers installed over tubs, you have a lot of options.
- Tubs: There’s nothing like a claw-foot bathtub to complete a master bathroom. Or maybe you’d like to install a jetted-tub to unwind in. Either way, a great tub will increase your quality of life! We also take into consideration things like how easy it is to get in and out of the tub, how easy it is to clean around the tub, and whether the tub is big enough for everyone who wants to use it.
- Toilets: In many ways, the toilet is the simplest fixture in the bathroom. But considering your options is important. You can significantly improve the green aspect of your bathroom with a water-saving toilet. You also want to make sure that there’s enough room around the toilet to be comfortable and accessible for everyone.
- Plumbing Fixtures: The bathroom is a very important part of the house and should therefore be equipped with the best plumbing fixtures that your budget can afford. Every faucet should be made to last at least a lifetime, don’t you think? Plumbing fixtures come in a myriad of choices and can make a real statement in your bathroom.
- Cabinetry: This is where your towels and sundries go. First, is there enough room for them? Is there sufficient circulation to keep your linens dry? Is your makeup within easy reach? Cabinetry is much more than a box on the wall; it’s how you make your bathroom more luxurious and livable.
- Lighting: Choose lighting fixtures that prove both general illumination and good task lighting for activities such as applying cosmetics or shaving. Accent and decorative lighting can be used to add an element of drama, while suitable controls, such as timers and dimmers, can be used to create just the right mood..
Universal Design & Bathrooms
The bathroom needs to be accessible and useful for everyone who needs it. Special considerations should be taken for aging-in-place design and access for those with physical disabilities as well as small children who need to reach the sink. Fortunately, bathroom design can accommodate everyone without sacrificing aesthetics and style. Inquire with Nob Hill Design about great bathroom design for everyone.
Contact us today to talk about your new bathroom design!